Top 5 Toxic Foods We Love To Eat Nub 2 Will Shock You

0

Not all foods are healthy! In fact, some foods are deadly if you eat too much of the wrong part or eat it improperly repaired. Did you know that one of Thanksgiving’s most popular flavors is toxic? Check out number 4.If you love chili, numbers one and two might change the way you view some of the ingredients. Don’t feel too smug about eating apples and cherries – parts of those are really not very good for you.If you eat any of these foods, just make certain that you eat the right parts and leave numbers six and ten to the professionals.

1. Kidney Beans
Uncooked kidney beans are poisonous. They contain lectin, a glycoprotein that causes nausea, diarrhea and vomiting. This toxin does occur in other beans, but kidney beans have the largest concentration. In order to avoid kidney bean poisoning, you need to cook kidney beans thoroughly. It only takes four or five raw or uncooked beans.The biggest culprits for kidney bean poisoning are slow cookers, so soak them and cook them completely before eating them. And don’t snack on uncooked beans.

2. Tomatoes
Tomatoes are also on the list of toxic foods we love. Tomatoes are members of the nightshade family along with eggplants, potatoes, and belladonna. The plant parts of all contain solanine, an alkaloid that in high enough doses can cause gastrointestinal symptoms, hallucinations, paralysis and death.Don’t eat the leaves and stems of tomato, potato or eggplants. Some people who are sensitive to solanine should avoid eating produce in the nightshade family. Green potatoes contain elevated levels of solanine, so avoid those.

3. Bitter Almonds
There are two different types of almond trees. The sweet almond is where we get our almonds. The bitter almond is a very pretty tree with poisonous nuts. The nuts from the bitter almond are full of cyanide, a deadly poison.It is illegal to buy raw, untreated bitter almonds in the US. But because they grow wild in some states and they two species look very similar, make sure you know which almond you are picking and eating!

4. Nutmeg
Nutmeg is sprinkled on practically everything between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It gives a slightly sweet taste to pies, coffee and hot spiced cider. It is even useful to ease muscle and tooth pain.If you eat too much, you can develop hallucinations or Nutmeg Psychosis, where the user feels agitated and experiences a sense of doom. It takes two to three teaspoons of nutmeg, so overdosing accidently is rare. Nutmeg can be abused, so keep an eye on your spice rack.

5. Mushrooms
Most people know not to eat wild mushrooms! If you don’t, here’s a hint. Don’t eat wild mushrooms. Even experts can mistake good, healthy mushrooms for deadly ones, so stick with the grocery store offerings. Poisonous mushrooms contain toxins like orellanine, gyromitrin, and alpha-amanitin.Basically, if you get a poisonous mushroom, cooked or uncooked, you may die of liver failure. If you survive, you may need a new liver. It doesn’t take much.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here